“NBC, ABC and CBS News have all now appeared to run cover for some of the world’s most powerful rape rings, allegedly killing stories and firing employees who tried to expose the outlets.” This shocking lead to a Daily Caller news article highlights the latest in a series of outrageous abuses by our nation’s news networks. At what point will we stop dismissing these reports as being exceptional and honestly evaluate the state of the news in our nation?
Project Veritas released video footage of Good Morning America and ABC breaking news anchor Amy Robach discussing how the network had killed her interview with Jeffrey Epstein accuser Virginia Roberts Giuffre. “I’ve had the story for three years. I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts. We would not put it on the air,” Robach laments, adding that she was told by her network, “This is a stupid story.”
Jeffrey Epstein was a convicted pedophile who had been accepted back into society by many leading figures in Manhattan and elsewhere. David Folkenflik reports at NPR, “Although federal investigators had identified nearly three dozen victims, Epstein’s legal team was able to strike a controversial deal letting him plead guilty to reduced state charges of soliciting prostitution from a teenager.” In 2019 he was again arrested for accusations of child sex-trafficking before his suspicious death in a New York City jail cell. Among the celebrities, prominent businessmen, and politicians linked to Jeffrey Epstein and his questionable activities are Britain’s Prince Andrew and former president Bill Clinton who had flown at least 26 times on Epstein’s private jet, sometimes unaccompanied by the secret service.
According to Amy Robach, ABC News “quashed the story” at a time when Hillary Clinton was seeking the presidency. This despite having a witness who had been in hiding for 12 years, pictures, and other women to corroborate the story, according to Amy Robach. “What we had was unreal,” she exclaims, adding that Brad Edwards—Virginia Guiffre’s lawyer—had commented at the time, “There will come a day, when we realize Geoffrey Epstein was the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known.”
ABC News judged that a convicted pedophile who might be running a child sex-trafficking ring with ties to a former president who might soon become the nation’s initial First Man in the White House was a “stupid story.” Despite the corroborating evidence, the story failed to meet ABC News’ journalistic standards—even though this is the same network that eagerly reported gang-rape allegations against Supreme Court Justice nominee Brett Kavanaugh—allegations that were only substantiated by Stormy Daniels’ former attorney Michael Avenatti.
Amy Robach explains:
I’ve had the story of for three years. I’ve had this interview with Virginia Roberts. We would not put it on the air. First of all, I was told, who’s Jeffrey Epstein? No one knows who that is. This is a stupid story. Then the Palace found out that we had her whole allegations about Prince Andrew and threatened us a million different ways. We were so afraid we wouldn’t be able to interview Kate and Will that we—that also quashed the story. And then Alan Dershowitz was also implicated in—cause of the planes—she told me everything. She had pictures; she had everything. She was in hiding for 12 years. We convinced her to come out. We convinced her to talk to us. It was unbelievable what we had—Clinton—we had everything. I tried for three years to get it on to no avail. And now it’s all coming out, and it’s like these new revelations, and I freaking had all of it. … What we had was unreal. Other women backing it up. … Brad Edwards, the attorney, three years ago saying like, like we, there will come a day, when we realize Geoffrey Epstein was the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known. I had it all three years ago.
Every journalist should be outraged by this testimony. We’ve heard that democracy dies in the darkness, and we’ve been told that—employing the values of fairness, accuracy, and independence—journalists must follow the truth wherever it leads, without fear or favor. However, our nation’s most prominent news outlets have repeatedly demonstrated their inability to accomplish this mission. Rather than be grieved by ABC News’ failure to uphold the truth without fear or favor, all but one televised news network almost entirely ignored this story: CBS News, NBC News, CNN, MSNBC. Allegedly, CBS News even partnered with ABC News to identify and fire the employee who leaked the video of Amy Robach. (It turns out CBS News fired the wrong person.)
Our nation’s guardians of truth—journalists and news anchors—have forsaken their commitment to objectively report the facts. For too many, truth has become an acceptable casualty for the “greater good” of protecting and promoting select individuals and their agendas. Sometimes this is accomplished by misreporting the facts, and other times by ignoring the facts. It now appears our news outlets are even willing to protect someone who is potentially “the most prolific pedophile this country has ever known” in order to preserve this “greater good.” However, truth is not relative; it is objective. It is also an attribute of God. This is why God says in Proverbs 12:22, “Lying lips are an abomination to the Lord.”
If we as a nation wish to be in a right relationship with God, then we must value, defend, and demand truth. Addressing God, Psalm 51:6 says, “Behold, you delight in truth.” Until we demand truth from our respected institutions, we have no right to expect God’s blessing. Instead, Jeremiah 9:1–9 reveals that we should fear judgment. Likewise, Isaiah 59 warns that if we fail to defend truth ourselves, God Himself may be compelled to intervene.
But how can we demand truth from our nation’s news networks if we aren’t even willing to honestly evaluate the state of news in America? Given what is at stake, we would be fools to continue to ignore this matter. For this reason, I have written a new book titled Culture of Lies: Understanding Fake News and Its Spiritual Ramifications. Perhaps the easiest next step is simply to download a free PDF of this book and read it while asking the Lord to reveal to you His heart concerning the state of news in America.
1. Talcott, Shelby. “NBC, ABC, and CBS Appear to Have Run Cover for World’s Most Powerful Rape Rings.” Media. Daily Caller, November 7, 2019, 12:57 p.m., ET. https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/07/nbc-abc-cbs-rape-rings-weinstein-epstein/.
2. Spracklen, Eric. “[VIDEO] Leaked Insider Recording from ABC News Reveals Network Executives Killed Bombshell Story Implicating Jeffrey Epstein.” Project Veritas, November 5, 2019. https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/11/05/video-leaked-insider-recording-from-abc-news-reveals-network-executives-killed-bombshell-story-implicating-jeffrey-epstein/.
3. Spracklen, Eric. “[VIDEO] Leaked Insider Recording from ABC News Reveals Network Executives Killed Bombshell Story Implicating Jeffrey Epstein.”
4. Folkenflik, David. “A Dead Cat, a Lawyer’s Call and a 5-Figure Donation: How Media Fell Short on Epstein.” All Things Considered. NPR, August 22, 2019, 6:06 p.m., ET. https://www.npr.org/2019/08/22/753390385/a-dead-cat-a-lawyers-call-and-a-5-figure-donation-how-media-fell-short-on-epstei.
5. Folkenflik, David. “A Dead Cat, a Lawyer’s Call and a 5-Figure Donation: How Media Fell Short on Epstein.”
6. Paybarah, Azi. “Epstein’s Autopsy ‘Points to Homicide,’ Pathologist Hired by Brother Claims the New York City Medical Examiner Strongly Disputed the Claim That Evidence from the Autopsy Suggested Strangulation.” New York. New York Times, October 30, 2019. Last updated October 31, 2019. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/30/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-homicide-autopsy-michael-baden.html.
7. Gold, Michael. “Bill Clinton and Jeffrey Epstein: How Are They Connected?” New York. New York Times, July 9, 2019. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/09/nyregion/bill-clinton-jeffrey-epstein.html.
8. Zimmerman, Malia. “Flight Logs Show Bill Clinton Flew on Sex Offender’s Jet Much More Than Previously Known.” Politics. Fox News, May 13, 2016. https://www.foxnews.com/us/flight-logs-show-bill-clinton-flew-on-sex-offenders-jet-much-more-than-previously-known.
9. Ernst, Douglas. “Bill Clinton Ditched Secret Service on Multiple ‘Lolita Express’ Flights: Report.” News. Washington Examiner, May 14, 2016. https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/may/14/bill-clinton-ditched-secret-service-on-multiple-lo/.
10. Spracklen, Eric. “[VIDEO] Leaked Insider Recording from ABC News Reveals Network Executives Killed Bombshell Story Implicating Jeffrey Epstein.”
11. Carlson, Tucker and Neil Patel. “Tucker Carlson and Neil Patel: Child Rape Stories Are Too ‘Stupid’ for ABC News to Cover.” Opinion. Daily Caller, November 7, 2019, 6:54 p.m., ET. https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/07/child-rape-stories-too-stupid-abc-news-cover/.
12. Kruta, Virginia. “Here’s What ABC Ran with While Holding Up Epstein Bombshell Over Journalistic Concerns.” Media. Daily Caller, November 6, 2019, 12:03 p.m., ET. https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/06/abc-holding-up-epstein-journalistic-concerns/.
13. Spracklen, Eric. “[VIDEO] Leaked Insider Recording from ABC News Reveals Network Executives Killed Bombshell Story Implicating Jeffrey Epstein.”
14. “Democracy dies in the darkness” is the Washington Post slogan. https://www.washingtonpost.com.
15. Sulzberger, A. G. “The Growing Threat to Journalism.” Opinion. New York Times, September 23, 2019. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/opinion/press-freedom-arthur-sulzberger.html.
16. Talcott, Shelby. “These Major Outlets Ignored Allegations by ABC’s Amy Robach That the Outlet Killed Her Epstein Story.” Media. Daily Caller, November 6, 2019, 12:37 p.m., ET. https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/06/outlets-ignore-abc-amy-robach-jeffrey-epstein/.
17. Talcott, Shelby. “CBS Allegedly Fires Former ABC Employee Who Had Access to Amy Robach Video.” Media. Daily Caller, November 7, 2019. 10:15 a.m., ET. https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/07/cbs-fires-abc-employee-amy-robach/.
18. Talcott, Shelby. “ABC and CBS Remain Silent on Allegedly Colluding to Fire the Wrong Whistleblower.” Media. Daily Caller, November 12, 2019, 8:32 p.m., ET. https://dailycaller.com/2019/11/12/abc-cbs-silent-colluding-whistleblower-amy-robach/.
19. Spracklen, Eric. “ABC Insider: Why I, Alone, Released the Amy Robach Epstein Tape.” Project Veritas, November 8, 2019. https://www.projectveritas.com/2019/11/08/abc-insider-why-i-alone-released-the-amy-robach-epstein-tape/.
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.