Common Challenges in Support of Homosexuality
1. Promiscuity would decrease if homosexuals were allowed to marry.
2. Homosexuality is natural and acceptable because it is found within the animal kingdom.
3. What about a person with a same–sex orientation who never finds members of the opposite sex attractive?
4. Jesus overturned the Law. It is hypocritical for anyone who does not continue to offer sacrifices to say that homosexuality is still a sin.
5. God called eating shell fish and other things that we do today an abomination. If these are no longer abominations then why is homosexuality still considered an abomination?
6. In the Old Testament, God commanded the Jews to kill those who practiced homosexuality. Are we supposed to kill homosexuals today?
7. Society has evolved its understanding of what is socially acceptable. The taboo against same-sex marriage is the modern equivalent of America’s former taboo against inter-racial marriages.