A willingness and desire to become informed is only the first step. The next is to discover useful resources that can help us become educated on cultural issues from a biblical perspective. Keeping in mind that every ministry has room for improvement and areas where we may differ, below are some recommended starting points.
- Albert Mohler – President of Southern Theological Seminary Dr. Albert Mohler provides a blog and two podcasts. Particularly notable is The Briefing podcast, which is a 20-minute daily analysis of news and current events from a Christian worldview (www.AlbertMohler.com).
- Alisa Childers – Former member of the band Zoe Girl, Alisa Childers has a heart for addressing progressive Christianity. Her blog and podcast focus on apologetics, theology, culture, and worship (www. AlisaChilders.com).
- Allie Beth Stuckey – Author of Your Not Enough (& That’s Okay): Escaping the Toxic Culture of Self-Love, Allie’s Relatable podcast tackles the most pressing issues facing our country and the Christian church, from national politics and the culture wars to theology by analyzing culture, news, and politics from a biblically reformed and politically conservative perspective (www.AllieBethStuckey.com).
- AskDrBrown Ministries – The author of more than 40 books and numerous articles, Dr. Michael Brown is the founder and president of FIRE School of Ministry and the host of the Line of Fire, a daily, nationally syndicated talk radio show. He is widely considered to be the world’s foremost Messianic Jewish apologist and is a national and international speaker on the themes of spiritual renewal and cultural reformation (www.AskDrBrown.org).
- Bible Project – Focused on helping people experience the Bible as a unified story that leads to Jesus, the Bible Project produces short cartoon videos and a podcast that expresses deep truths in a simple and conversational manner (www.BibleProject.com).
- Bible Thinker – This is a ministry of Mike Winger that is dedicated to equipping people to think and live biblically. His confidence is in the sufficiency and truth of the Bible and the Christian worldview to not only inform us of the reality and truth of Jesus and the Bible, but to equip us to live all of life rightly and to worship God in truth (www.BibleThinker.org).
- Capitol Hill Baptist Church – Located in our nation’s political hub, this evangelical church offers sermons, seminars, and articles that apply the Bible to cultural and political issues (www.CapitolHillBaptist.org).
- Epoch Times – Striving to provide a truthful view of the world free from the influence of any government, corporation, or political party, this newspaper belongs to the category of independent news media. It aims to report what it sees, not how to think. Although this newspaper is not Christian, it does promote traditional values (www.TheEpochTimes.com).
- Forerunners of America – This ministry is focused on warning about the national consequences of ignoring God’s moral commands and helping Christians respond in faith so that they can stand firm and minister through times of increasing difficulty. Forerunners of America provides timely messages on cultural issues through podcasts, articles, Bible study materials, books, apologetic resources, and conferences (www.ForerunnersOfAmerica.org).
- Good Fight Ministries – Pastor Joe Schimmel produces sermons, documentaries, podcasts, and articles on the topics of music, Hollywood, cults, the occult, pop culture, and prophecy to help Christians understand the times in which we are living from a Christian perspective (www.GoodFight.org).
- Got Questions – This is an online database of evangelical answers to commonly asked questions. Got Questions has endeavored to answer approximately 700,000 Bible questions (www.GotQuestions.org).
- Koinonia House – This ministry of the late Chuck Missler exists to create, develop, and distribute materials to stimulate, encourage, and facilitate serious study of the Bible as the inerrant Word of God. Koinonia House provides a radio broadcast, podcast, blog, weekly news updates, a monthly news journal, and seminary-level verse-by-verse book studies for the entire Bible, as well as numerous topical studies (www.KHouse.org).
- Michael Heiser – Dr. Michael Heiser is an author, an academic scholar, a professor of theology and biblical studies, a former scholar-in-residence for Logos Bible Software, and founder of MEMRA and Awakening School of Theology and Ministry. He hosts several blogs and podcasts ranging from refuting ancient aliens and exploring popular topics in fringe history to exegetical Bible study. His blogs and podcasts are designed to minister to those who seek to understand the Bible in its original and supernatural context (DrMSH.com).
- One Minute Apologist – Bobby Conway provides brief and credible answers to apologetic questions that resource people with a hunger to defend their Christian faith (www.OneMinuteApologist.com).
- Remnant Radio – Endeavoring to educate Christians in biblical theology and a Christian worldview without boring anyone to sleep, Joshua Lewis, Michael Rowntree, and Michael Miller provide a conversational podcast that explores the many theological perspectives within Christendom with an open mind that seeks to root everything in Scripture (www.TheRemnantRadio.com).
No works available.
Unless otherwise noted, all Scripture quotations are taken from Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. Biblegateway.com.